The future of the legal cannabis industry is growing rapidly and shows no signs of stopping any time soon. Are you planning to open a new cannabis dispensary during the height of this ever-changing industry? To execute a sophisticated dispensary interior and provide your customers with a high-quality shopping experience, collaborate with cannabis industry experts at Vulcan for the interior space of your dreams.
Here, we’re sharing insight as to how you can make your dispensary stand out while creating a pleasant shopping experience for your customer base.
Cultivating Your Brand Identity
Before collaborating with Vulcan to design your ideal dispensary interior, you must understand your brand’s identity so we may convey it in your dispensary’s design. As taste is very personal, opinions tend to vary.
Here at Vulcan, one of our design goals is to keep your brand identity consistent across the entire dispensary. To understand what you want out of your brand identity, ask yourself: what demographic do you hope your business attracts? How will you cater to customers while giving them the best experience possible? What is your brand’s mission?
Designing Your Dream Dispensary
Vulcan’s design plans are customizable to the needs of your dispensary, as well as your taste. Fortunately, dispensary design options are endless! Let’s dive into the primary categories of dispensary design.
The main categories of dispensary design are layout, aesthetics, and safety. Let’s discuss some of the important features within each design category.
- Functional layout: Durable floors, fully stocked inventory, wheelchair accessibility, and customer restrooms are all important things to determine before opening a cannabis store. Furthermore, incorporating designated areas into your store is crucial to a functional design layout.
- Open floor plan: By allowing plenty of space on the sales floor within your customized design layout, employees and customers feel more comfortable as they navigate the store. Also, clutter-free is key. Be sure to display your products in glass cases and along the walls for easy browsing.
- Favorable lighting: Although lighting is often overlooked, it’s one of the most important elements in dispensary design. Vulcan utilizes high-tech lighting to illuminate your products in a flattering way and welcome customers to your store.
- Display cases: For proper viewing, make sure your glass display cases are clear, durable, and eye-catching to the customer. Feature samples of your inventory in display cases for employee accessibility and customer inspection.
- Waiting area: An essential part of any dispensary construction includes the waiting area. Vulcan’s waiting area designs maximize comfort and lead to happy customers.
- Branding: Branding includes ambiance and your key demographic. If you’re operating a medical dispensary, for instance, perhaps you envision bright lighting, minimal decor, and a sleek design. If you’re opening a recreational dispensary, maybe the aforementioned is the opposite of what you want for your space!
- State compliance: To follow local guidelines and maintain business insurance coverage, research the state laws where your cannabis dispensary is operating. Vulcan’s team of professional contractors can also clarify any industry regulations for your business.
- Store security: Alarms, surveillance cameras, and on-site security guards are important security measures to prevent possible store theft and establish safety compliance. These measures also allow your customers to feel safer when shopping at your dispensary.
- Employee safety: In addition to customer safety, employee safety is essential. For instance, install a sturdy window or wall divide between your receptionist and the waiting area to ensure business professionalism and security.
Creating the Ultimate Customer Experience
Building your dispensary from the ground up but don’t have the time to begin construction? Vulcan Construction Group specializes in designing dispensaries with their clients’ aspirations in mind. When you hire Vulcan, our team of full-service contractors handles your dispensary’s design and construction so you can place full attention on your valuable customers.
If you work with Vulcan, we design according to your standards, creating a wonderful, safe experience for your customers as they shop inside your dispensary. After all, a comfortable, clean ambiance, adequate lighting, lower wait times, and state compliance are vital for attracting a positive demographic to your dispensary.
Working with Vulcan Construction Group
Vulcan’s professional industry experts have a combined 12+ years of cannabis industry experience. We work with dispensary owners to create compliant, secure, and unique dispensaries across the State of Colorado. Design, engineering, innovative technology, installation, and overall construction are of the utmost importance when we collaborate with clients. By forming close partnerships, we deliver a final brand-centric design within budget and as scheduled. If you’re ready for an initial consultation, contact us today to get your dream dispensary off the ground!
In addition to dispensary design, Vulcan Construction Group offers other services for your high-end cannabis dispensary or cultivation facility. For more information on our services, visit the main services page here.